
Columbus, Ohio 37 degrees and sunny
I finally have my computer back. It was a bittersweet moment. I opted for a new hard drive in hopes of being able to recover all my pictures and data. No such luck. My heart is broken for all the pictures and memories I have lost.
However, there was one bright spot in this nightmare. C.J. remembered I used a flash drive to download a bunch of stuff from our old desk top PC so we could move it to my laptop. I found it and sure enough all the stuff was on it....all my documents that is. This was great of course and I put it back in my laptop right away. Bad news was......no pictures. I told myself to be grateful for small things.
I did remember that I do have some small concessions. I have Facebook pictures I can get at and I did find 2 CD's with house and cat pictures on them I can put back so I figure if I keep thinking and looking I may find more pictures in other places. In the mean time, I will now learn how to backup all this stuff so this won't happen again.
The first time was a mistake, the second time will be just STUPID!
Happy Trails!
I finally have my computer back. It was a bittersweet moment. I opted for a new hard drive in hopes of being able to recover all my pictures and data. No such luck. My heart is broken for all the pictures and memories I have lost.
However, there was one bright spot in this nightmare. C.J. remembered I used a flash drive to download a bunch of stuff from our old desk top PC so we could move it to my laptop. I found it and sure enough all the stuff was on it....all my documents that is. This was great of course and I put it back in my laptop right away. Bad news was......no pictures. I told myself to be grateful for small things.
I did remember that I do have some small concessions. I have Facebook pictures I can get at and I did find 2 CD's with house and cat pictures on them I can put back so I figure if I keep thinking and looking I may find more pictures in other places. In the mean time, I will now learn how to backup all this stuff so this won't happen again.
The first time was a mistake, the second time will be just STUPID!
Happy Trails!
No comments:
Post a Comment